As we transition from one season to another, brands and distributors are busy scrambling to organize and host in-store training and product clinics; ensuring this season’s sales associates are understanding their brand’s messages.
Brands believe these efforts put in by their brand trainers and trade marketers will make all the difference to those important sell through numbers at the end of the season. But given that this approach to dealer training hasn’t changed in over 30 years, is this solution in need of a major revamp?
”…within a week, forgetting erodes 90 percent of new information”
We understand it’s crucial to maintain those brand-retailer relationships. By getting into store and giving those personal, live interactions that demonstrate your latest products. But what happens the next day? The next week? The next month?
Research into the forgetting curve shows ‘’within one hour, people will have forgotten an average of 50 percent of the information you presented. Within 24 hours, they have forgotten an average of 70 percent of new information, and within a week, forgetting erodes 90 percent of new information’’.
NINETY PERCENT! In one week!
Think about the resources it takes to do just one in store training session… all that effort just so your brand message to touch sales associates just once and then, on average, have them retain an average of 10% of that information.
Now more than ever, this type of training is becoming less and less effective at engaging frontline sales associates, most of which are millennials who bring different content consumption preferences.
Complimenting your traditional in-store training with mobile and bite size content, is a great way to continually engage sales associates, and provides them with on-demand access to your key product information and brand messages.
Why host this content online? Digital brand amplification on a retail sales enablement platform has massive benefits you can leverage to take your sell-through to the next level.
Here are 5 reasons to add online engagement to this season training:
- Access on Demand: One of the essentials for successful learning is repetition. Digital content can be revisited and repeated as needed.
- Millennial Learning: Millennials represent a growing segment of retail sales associates and their preferred mode of learning and consuming content is through on-demand, bite-sized video content.
- Consistency: In app training gives you a direct connection straight from marketing team to sales associate. Making sure the brand message you want to amplify is delivered consistently across all your points of sale.
- Frequency: Send updates and training content to all your sales associates as often as you want with just a click.
- ROI: Training sales associates online allows brands to measure engagement and compare this to sell through data, helping you understand the true training ROI.
Myagi believes that only focussing on single, high cost in-store training solutions, is not an effective and efficient method to empower your sales associates to drive sell through.
Why wait for the end of season sell-through figures to evaluate how effectively you’ve engaged sales associates? Take control of your in-store brand message today.